Holidays to Mauritius - Undeniably A Fascinating, World-In-One-Island Slice Of Paradise
A Mauritius Island holiday will enchant you and uplift your soul. This is one of the most sought-after exclusive holiday destinations in the world and makes for a perfect safari/beach combination holiday.
The natural beauty of this volcanic island is simply breathtaking. The Eastern Coastline of Mauritius has some of the island’s most luxurious hotels and is home to the beautiful Belle Mare region.
The tropical island is hunting ground for exotics white sand beaches making it a perfect destination for sand and wave lovers year-round. Mauritius also offers plenty of marine sports and sea activities for everyone. The island is an idyllic holiday, honeymoon or a romantic getaway.
For Golf enthusiasts, the Eastern Coast offers one of the most spectacular golf courses in Mauritius if not the world, the 18-Hole Championship Ile aux Cerfs golf club – sitting across the water from the resort mainland on its own beautiful island, Ile aux Cerfs –‘Deer Island’.
We have designed some of the best Mauritius packages and deals for an extraordinary holiday. Whether you need Mauritius holiday all-inclusive packages or cheap holidays to Mauritius, we have it for you. Our Mauritius holiday and honeymoon destinations are carefully selected for a lifetime experience. With us, your 2018 Mauritius holiday will be a lifetime adventure.
- The legendary dodo bird was found only in Mauritius before it became extinct.
- Despite its extinction, the dodo remains Mauritius’ national animal.
- Mark Twain has been quoted as saying, “You gather the idea that Mauritius was made first, and then heaven, and that heaven was copied after Mauritius.”
- The first settlement was established by the Dutch in 1638. Later the French and British arrived on the island. Mauritius became independent from Britain in 1968.
- The island was created by volcanic activity more than 8 million years ago and is almost entirely surrounded by coral reefs.There are many scenic waterfalls especially in the south west of the island.
- The country of Mauritius includes the island of Mauritius, Rodrigues and the outer islands.
- Mauritius was part of the long power struggle between the French and the British during the Napoleonic Wars.
GMT + 5 hours
Passports must be valid for 6 months.
English, French, Mauritian Creole
Mauritius Island Has A Classic Tropical Climate With Warm Sunny Weather Virtually All Year Round.
During the summer months (November to April) the days are long, hot and humid. This is also cyclone season with January to March being the wettest months – so if you do travel at that time you should be prepared for some heavy rain.
Since it never really gets cold on the island in winter (May to October) the average temperature simply drops from sticky to balmy.
So in general, the best time to visit Mauritius for cooler, drier days is from May to December. That said, if you’re planning to stay on the east coast, we recommend avoiding the months of July and August as this is when the wind is at its strongest on this side of the island.
Mauritius Offers You Luxurious Hotels - Beautiful Beaches - Spectacular Golf Courses - Deep Sea Fishing - Catamaran Cruises - Dolphin And Whales Excursions - Sea And Water Activities And Yacht Cruises Amongst Lots Of Exciting Once In A Lifetime Activities.
Mauritius is a manageable size, its coastal roads make for lovely driving, and along with a staggering selection of beaches there are plenty of places of interest from welcoming towns to pretty gardens and nature reserves in the island’s green and mountainous interior. Sophisticated resorts surrounded by magnificent coral reefs create a modern tropical luxury. The Eastern Coastline of Mauritius has some of the island’s most luxurious hotels and is home to the beautiful Belle Mare region.
World Class Golfing
For Golf enthusiasts, the Eastern Coast offers one of the most spectacular golf courses in Mauritius if not the world, the 18-Hole Championship Ile aux Cerfs golf club – sitting across the water from the resort mainland on its own beautiful island, Ile aux Cerfs –‘Deer Island’. Fringed by white sands and surrounded by the blue Indian Ocean, Le Touessrok Golf Course features breathtaking views.
Ile Aux Cerfs Island
Ile aux Cerfs, A beautiful island near the east coast of Mauritius. This amazing paradise island is the perfect setting for a relaxing day of sun worship. As you approach the island by boat, you will see the swaying palm trees and the pure white beaches framed by the vivid turquoise waters .You can also take advantage of the wide range of facilities on the island and the various water sports activities found there as well as a stunning 18-hole golf club.
Interaction With Lions And Cheetahs At The Mauritius Safari And Bird Park
The Interaction is a unique activity of one-on-one time with one of these impressive predators (Lions, Cheetahs) in their compound. As part of the Interaction you get to spend an exciting 15 minutes inside the enclosures of the Lions / Cheetahs, and discover these magnificent animals from very close.
Relaxing on a pile of cushions and sipping a refreshing dawa (the classic Swahili cocktail of vodka mixed with brown sugar, honey and lime) whilst sailing the beautiful Mombasa harbour and coastline during the famous ‘sundowner’ sunsets.
- The top money earner for the economy of Mauritius is sugarcane, which is planted on 80% of the country’s land.
- Mauritius is a volcanic island created by underwater eruptions millions of years ago.
- A popular tourist attraction is the ‘Seven Coloured Earth’ in Chamarel, where the sand found there varies between seven different colours within a small area.